For older adolescents or adults in need of treatment for crooked teeth or other alignment issues, Invisalign® is often a preferable alternative over traditional braces. The aligners are hardly visible when worn and require fewer lifestyle changes. If you have any missing teeth or previous dental restorations, such as an implant or bridge, you may…
Same-Day Dentistry: A New Smile Now [Same Day Crowns]
Same day crowns are now possible thanks to improved dental technology. This means you can now have a damaged tooth restored during a single visit to your dentist.
The traditional procedure used to install crowns requires at least two visits to a dentist. During the first visit, the patient's tooth or teeth are prepared for the crown and an impression of their mouth is taken. The mold is then sent to a dental lab that makes prosthetics such as crowns.
How same-day crowns change everything
Thanks to same day crowns, patients no longer have to worry about taking time off work or school multiple times. They also do not have to deal with a temporary crown while they wait for their customized crown to be made in a dental lab.
Here is what a typical appointment for a same-day crown looks like:
- The dentist examines the patient's tooth to determine if a crown is the right solution for their problem. Diagnostic tests such as x-rays might be taken to further assess the situation
- The patient's tooth is prepared for the crown. Portions of enamel might be removed to ensure a proper fit
- Digital images of the patient's teeth are taken. The information is passed on to a computer screen that displays a digital image of the patient's teeth
- The dentist will get input from the patient as a customized crown is designed on the monitor. The crown will be color-matched with the patient's real teeth, and it can be customized to meet the patient's tastes
- Once both parties are satisfied, the information is sent to a machine that carves out a prosthetic tooth from a solid block of ceramic. The entire process can take as little as 15 minutes
- The crown is fitted on the patient's tooth to complete the treatment
Why crowns are so popular in dentistry
Crowns are the most versatile dental prosthetic, so it is not much of a surprise that these prosthetics are highly demanded. Crowns can be used to fix teeth that are broken, chipped, deformed or badly stained. They can also remedy gaps between teeth.
In addition, crowns are often combined with other prosthetics. For example, a crown can be attached to a dental implant to serve as an artificial tooth. Crowns are also used to anchor dental bridges.
Same-day crowns have several benefits when compared to traditional ones. Same-day crowns are more convenient for patients. There is less of a need to take time off from scheduled activities. They are also some of the most natural-looking types of crown. The ceramic used to make them has many similarities to real teeth. Additionally, less enamel is removed prior to the installation of same day crowns thanks to the high precision of the digital images used to design the crown itself.
A same-day crown instantly restores your smile
With a same-day crown, you leave the dentist's clinic with your smile fully restored. Call or visit our Forest Hills clinic to learn more about how we can repair your teeth during a single visit.
Here's how you reach us…
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
When someone is experiencing serious dental issues, a visit to the emergency dentist is usually necessary. This type of dentist is available to handle dental emergencies during off hours or when the patient's regular dental professional is unable to schedule an immediate appointment. Facial swelling is one reason to contact emergency services.There are numerous reasons…
Missing teeth can cause cosmetic, oral health and functional concerns, ultimately lowering the quality of life for many, so implant supported dentures offer a long-term solution to multiple teeth loss. Patients can achieve a healthier and more attractive smile through implant supported dentures treatment. Before deciding if implant supported dentures are right for you, patients should…
There's no need to be unhappy with your smile, a cosmetic dentist can bring out the best in your smile.Are you looking for ways to straighten your teeth and achieve your ideal smile? With cosmetic dentistry, we can help. We offer a variety of cosmetic dental services that can help straighten your teeth, correct alignment…