A dental filling can help to fix the damage caused by tooth decay. The procedure is usually pain-free and takes about an hour. If you have to get a dental filling, you have lots of materials to choose from. Before your appointment, you should take the time to learn as much as possible about the…
Same-Day Dentistry: A New Smile Now [Same Day Crowns]
Same day crowns are now possible thanks to improved dental technology. This means you can now have a damaged tooth restored during a single visit to your dentist.
The traditional procedure used to install crowns requires at least two visits to a dentist. During the first visit, the patient's tooth or teeth are prepared for the crown and an impression of their mouth is taken. The mold is then sent to a dental lab that makes prosthetics such as crowns.
How same-day crowns change everything
Thanks to same day crowns, patients no longer have to worry about taking time off work or school multiple times. They also do not have to deal with a temporary crown while they wait for their customized crown to be made in a dental lab.
Here is what a typical appointment for a same-day crown looks like:
- The dentist examines the patient's tooth to determine if a crown is the right solution for their problem. Diagnostic tests such as x-rays might be taken to further assess the situation
- The patient's tooth is prepared for the crown. Portions of enamel might be removed to ensure a proper fit
- Digital images of the patient's teeth are taken. The information is passed on to a computer screen that displays a digital image of the patient's teeth
- The dentist will get input from the patient as a customized crown is designed on the monitor. The crown will be color-matched with the patient's real teeth, and it can be customized to meet the patient's tastes
- Once both parties are satisfied, the information is sent to a machine that carves out a prosthetic tooth from a solid block of ceramic. The entire process can take as little as 15 minutes
- The crown is fitted on the patient's tooth to complete the treatment
Why crowns are so popular in dentistry
Crowns are the most versatile dental prosthetic, so it is not much of a surprise that these prosthetics are highly demanded. Crowns can be used to fix teeth that are broken, chipped, deformed or badly stained. They can also remedy gaps between teeth.
In addition, crowns are often combined with other prosthetics. For example, a crown can be attached to a dental implant to serve as an artificial tooth. Crowns are also used to anchor dental bridges.
Same-day crowns have several benefits when compared to traditional ones. Same-day crowns are more convenient for patients. There is less of a need to take time off from scheduled activities. They are also some of the most natural-looking types of crown. The ceramic used to make them has many similarities to real teeth. Additionally, less enamel is removed prior to the installation of same day crowns thanks to the high precision of the digital images used to design the crown itself.
A same-day crown instantly restores your smile
With a same-day crown, you leave the dentist's clinic with your smile fully restored. Call or visit our Forest Hills clinic to learn more about how we can repair your teeth during a single visit.
Here's how you reach us…
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Invisalign® aligners have given a lot of people worldwide a straighter smile. This type of orthodontic treatment helps straighten teeth without the use of traditional metal braces. It is a great option for teens and even adults who need their teeth straightened. Aligners are very popular for many reasons, including the fact that they are…
There are numerous causes of periodontal disease, with dental plaque being the leading one. Also known as gum disease, periodontal disease has numerous stages, and it is important to catch it early before it leads to more serious issues. The good news about gum disease is it is preventable with proper treatment of plaque.Plaque forms…
Veneers are a good option if you want to have a cosmetic transformation of your teeth. These can be used in many types of dentistry. But if you want to improve your smile, you might benefit from cosmetic dentistry. Veneers are a good option since they can be used for a range of applications. You…