Replacement of permanent teeth can indeed be a daunting procedure, but it can become easier for you if you know which option is right for you.There are eight types of dentures from which you can choose. Take a look at them here.Partial dentures are also called dental bridges. They are affixed in place with the…
6 Tips for Living With Dentures
Are you in need of dentures and wondering if there are any tips available for those who now need to live with dentures? Good for you! Finding out as much as you can about wearing dentures is a really great idea and can definitely help you wear dentures successfully. Know that most of today’s denture options are not the same as dentures of past years, even though traditional dentures are indeed still available for patients.
6 tips for living with dentures
While there may be a few challenges that come with wearing new dentures, most of these challenges are minor and can therefore be overcome in a short amount of time. The following are six really great tips that those living with dentures can benefit from.
1. If there is not enough saliva production eating candy or mints can help produce more saliva. Saliva is very important when it comes to dentures being able to properly adhere to the gums and when there is not enough it is likely that the dentures will move around or even slip out of the mouth.
2. Eating soft foods in the first few weeks is suggested as this can help the wearer get used to eating with dentures. Harder foods and sticky foods can be introduced after the wearer feels comfortable chewing and swallowing soft foods with their new dentures.
3. Make sure there are equal amounts of food on both sides of the mouth when chewing. When there are equal amounts of food on each side of the mouth when eating, the dentures are less likely to have any problems because they are balanced.
4. Taking exceptional care of new dentures allows them to work much better. This includes washing and rinsing them after eating and keeping them moist when they are not being used.
5. Using a dental adhesive can help the dentures stay in their proper place if they are moving around at all.
6. Some dentures can affect a patients ability to fully taste their food, adding spices and herbs can help add more flavor.
Have any questions about dentures?
Our professional dental team welcomes any and all of your questions about dentures! If you need dentures, it is completely natural that you are going to have a lot of questions about how to wear them. The more you understand about your dental health, the more likely you are to experience good dental health. If you are not sure if you need to get dentures or not, call us so we can make a consultation appointment and answer any questions.
The best part?
You can call (718) 841-9591 today to reach Metro Smiles Dental and learn more.
Dentures are a cost-effective solution for people missing one or all of their teeth because of gum disease, decay, or trauma.In recent years, the demand for budget-friendly dentures has skyrocketed due to the rise in the number of baby boomers who are reaching their senior years. The American College of Prosthodontists reports that close to…
In the past, dentures have only been known as an unsightly and unrealistic-looking removable appliance for teeth. Today, dentures are in the running for one of the best options to replace missing teeth. If you are considering getting dentures to replace a few or all of your teeth, we can help you find the denture…
If you are someone that is not completely happy with the way you look when you smile, then looking into dental veneers is a great idea. There have been many dental advancements made over recent years, making it so that there are more options than ever when it comes to improving one’s smile. The fact…